JohnF - Bacon - Austin, Tx - #8

When I learned there was a restaurant specializing in bacon near the new job, I knew it was only a matter of time before I had to check it out.

I had the Double Grind Burger. The patty was made with an "all natural house ground steak and bacon blend." There was an option to add more bacon on top for an extra charge which I declined. The taste was interesting. Not bad, but not great. The bacon flavor was spread evenly through the meat. Bacon is great when it is fried and crispy, but that does not occur when it is cooked into the meat like this. The pickles were tasty. The fries had a hint of bacon grease mixed in, which reminded me of the days before everywhere started using vegetable oil and instead used some burger grease in the fryer.
5/10

1 comment:

  1. I was also a little lukewarm on Bacon. The reuben would have been greatly helped by a couple slices of crispy bacon, but as it was, I wasn't impressed.

    ReplyDelete